Welcome to The Sportsman's LIVE football blog, where we will be bringing you all the biggest updates throughout the day as well as all the live UEFA Europa League updates, as West Ham United's David Moyes takes charge of his 1000th game as a manager.
Stay with us you won't want to miss it.
“I have no idea how you can give red for that. How a referee at CL level can come to the conclusion to show red. After he stayed with the red card I was incredulous. That was an absurd wrong decision.”
Crystal Palace star Wilfried Zaha has rejected a call-up to Ivory Coast this coming international break due to homesickness. He is now considering his international future.
- Joint bid by Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden
Successful hosts will be announced in December 2022
- Mario Gotze’s left shoe: The boot that gave the German national team its fourth World Cup in the 113th minute in Brazil against Leo Messi’s Argentina. The shoe is on display in a museum in Germany after Gotze auctioned it off for charity. It was sold for more than two million euros.
- Sheffield Rules of Football: One of the oldest existing football texts in Europe. It still contains the most important rules of the game. A real relic and collector’s item that sold for more thanone million euros.
- The first FA CUP trophy: The oldest football competition in the world should have a place on this list. The English cup dates back to 1871 and the trophy that was auctioned for around 900,000 euros was the one awarded to the winners between 1896 and 1910. It was bought by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed, owner and owner of Manchester City and is on display in the club’s museum.
- Toni Kroos shirt from the Uefa Champions League 2017 final. Real Madrid’s twelfth league title, won by Juventus in that 4-1 win, also occupies one of the honorary places in the table. Like Gotze, the German player auctioned the shirt for charity through his foundation and it sold for 642,000 euros.
- The replica of the Jules Rimet trophy (The cup awarded to the world champion before the new design and format of the FIFA World Cup): Pele’s first appearance on the list. The Brazilian player received a replica of this trophy from FIFA after winning the 1970 World Cup for being the only player in the history of football to win three World Cups with his national team. “O Rei” auctioned this trophy a few years ago and the bidding reached half a million euros.
🖊 Stellars Club
A 1sport1 poll has ranked the Premier League's most passionate fans, and there's a few surprises...
1. Leeds United
2. Newcastle United
5. West Ham
6. Aston Villa
7. Crystal Palace
16. Man United
17. Man City
Premier League October Player of the Month nominees: Valentino Livramento, Ben Chilwell, Declan Rice, Maxwel Cornet, Mohamed Salah, Aaron Ramsdale, Youri Tielemans and Phil Foden.
On Wednesday, Aleksandar Mitrović continued his fine form in front of goal in the Championship with his 19th of the season for Fulham in just 16 games.
Watch live now on Sky Sports Football 📺