Anthony Joshua has spoken to The Sportsman ahead of his hotly-anticipated with Andy Ruiz Jr on Saturday and he says he is relishing the showdown and insists boxing fans can expect a blockbuster bout in Saudi Arabia.
The British heavyweight meets his nemesis looking for revenge, after being stopped by the 30-year-old in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden in the summer.
“It’s going to be full of heavy hitters because the undercard is massive,” he told us. “I’ve boxed most of them, sparred with most of them and they’re all talented.
“Us as a team, us as a company, we just put on good shows every time. Every time we put on shows we bring you the best so make sure you tune in.”
Joshua heaped praise on his team who have helped him reach peak sharpness for the duel.
“I can’t always be the one bringing energy to the camp so we’ve had good sparring partners,” he added of the sessions.
“I think sparring partners don’t get enough credit, to help preparation, they’ve done a great job to help me be ready and it’s been a championship camp I think and for experience, we’ve got to that level.”
Meanwhile, Ruiz Jr told BBC Radio 5 Live described how his life changed dramatically following his shock win earlier this year.
“I’ve been blessed, I’ve been so happy with how everything changed,” he beamed. “Not just my life but my kids, my family’s life, so I’m really blessed with everything coming my way.”
Asked how he enjoyed his new fortune, he revealed: “The first purchase I made was I bought my mum her car, I bought my house.”
“I bought some other little toys, some little fun things I wanted in my life that I would always see other fighters have.
“It’s just a dream, now I have the opportunity to make it a reality.”