Seagulls Could Clinch Title With A Win
19-45 - Norwich v Brighton - Live on SS1
Brighton will secure the title tonight if they can get all three points at Carrow Road, having secured promotion to the top flight last week. The Seagulls have banished the bad memories of last season and outclassed everyone in the division, including the much-fancied Newcastle. The club have never played in the Premier League but were last in the top flight in 1982-82.
- Norwich’s home form is outstanding, they have won 13 of their last 20 games.
- Alan Irvine’s league record is P7 W3 D1 L3
- Cameron Jerome has scored 10 in his last 17 games
- Brighton have won four of their last nine away games
- Chris Hughton could become the first manager to eclipse 100 points twice in the Championship
- Player of the year Anthony Knockaert has 20 goals in his 61 league appearances
Norwich’s roller-coaster form has seen some unpredictable results in recent weeks. They could spring another surprise tonight. After beating Reading 7-1 they then lost 3-1 to Fulham at home before beating Preston 3-1 at Deepdale. Alan Irvine has the job until the end of the season where they will look to appoint a permanent manager.
Norwich could show their full potential as they did against Reading against a Brighton side who may not be fully focused on the title having secured promotion. Chris Hughton will be doing his best to motivate his side to pip his former club Newcastle to first place.
Prediction: Norwich 1-1 Brighton
Win £10,000 by correctly predicting 10 W-D-W results!