Where Does Christian Pulisic’s Sensational Move To Chelsea Rank On The Premier League’s Most Eye-Popping Expensive Transfers?
Chelsea kicked off the January transfer window in style with their acquisition of Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic.
Chelsea have paid Dortmund an astonishing £58million for the 20-year-old but where does the deal rank in the most expensive Premier League transfers (in) of all time.
Well, no surprise Manchester United’s resurgent Paul Pogba still leads the way, the £89million exchanged with Juventus in 2016 still yet to be beaten.
The fantastic Frenchman with more celebration renditions then Kool & The Gang is followed by teammate Romelu Lukaku and Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk, at £75million, the latter becoming the most expensive defender of all time.
We then find the most expensive keeper in the history of the game, in, well, Kepa! Chelsea had to part with a eye-popping £72.1million to Athletic Bilbao.
Manchester City’s sole marquee purchase in the last summer, Riyad Mahrez, rounds off the top five. The Algerian and former PFA Premier League Player of the Year cost Pep Guardiola £60million to bring him from Leicester City.
Will Pogba’s record be surpassed this January? If Pulisic’s move is setting a precent, don’t count it out!
You can check out the Top 10 below:
1. Paul Pogba, Juventus to Manchester United, 2016, £89m
2=. Romelu Lukaku, Everton to Manchester United, 2017, £75m
2=. Virgil Van Dijk, Southampton to Liverpool, 2018, £75m
4. Kepa Arrizabalaga, Athletic Bilbao to Chelsea, 2018, £72.1m
5. Riyad Mahrez, Leicester to Manchester City, 2018, £60m
6. Angel Di Maria, Real Madrid to Manchester United, 2014, £59.7m
7. Alvaro Morata, Real Madrid to Chelsea, 2017, £58m
8. Christian Pulisic, Borussia Dortmund to Chelsea, 2019, £57.7m
9. Aymeric Laporte, Athletic Bilbao to Manchester City, 2018, £57m
10. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Borussia Dortmund to Arsenal, 2018, £56m